Back to School Procedures
September 2, 2020
Dear Excel Christian Academy Families,
We are greatly anticipating students having face-to-face instruction at Excel Christian Academy on September 9, 2020. The voices, laughter and footsteps of your children are missing in the building. The Excel staff is working diligently to prepare our building for them. COVID-19 has brought on a new normal for school that requires new practices that we all must follow. The staff and I need your support in helping your children understand the daily practices noted below:
Best Daily Practices for Excel Christian Academy
Entering the School Building
• Morning Drop- Off (all students) 7:45 am-8:10 am
Pre-K thru 12th grade
Drop off at the rear of the school building by the gym. Staff members will come to your car and check your child’s temperature. Then students will enter the building through the gym area where they will be directed to class.
• Afternoon Pick- Up 3:15 pm
Pre-K thru 5th grade
Exit the building thru the Elementary Pod front entrance area.
6th grade thru 12th grade
Exit thru the gym.
• Excel staff will be available to direct/escort him/her to class.
• During COVID-19, we request that only students enter the building. If you need to talk with your child’s teacher, please email him/her for an appointment.
• Health checks and temperature screening will be conducted for all children. The health checks will look for general signs of children feeling unwell, fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat, and shortness of breath.
• To limit the spread of COVID-19 as well as other germs, children should stay home from school and other activities if they have any signs of illness or a fever. Contact your healthcare provider if you have questions.
COVID-19 Safe Behaviors
• Sanitizing stations have been placed in the classroom, school entrances, and restrooms. Students will wash their hands with soap and water; if this is not available hand sanitizer will be used.
• All staff and children are required to wear masks or face shields.
• Label your child’s mask clearly so it is not confused with another child’s mask.
• Tell your child to never share their mask with anyone else.
• There may be times during the day when children need to remove their masks or face shields (e.g, eating meals).
• Ensure that your child wears their masks/face shields to school. Also review with your child the proper use, cleaning, and handling of masks/face shields.
• Vaccinations reminder-Do not forget to make sure that your child is up to date with their immunizations.
Practice Good Personal Hygiene
• Teach children to cover their mouth and nose with a tissue when sneezing or coughing, and to throw away the tissue immediately into the trash can.
• Teach children to avoid as much as possible touching their eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Practice daily routines before and after school that will help your child develop healthy habits such as wearing a face mask, using hand sanitizer, and washing their hands as soon as they come home from school.
Thank you in advance for your patience, understanding, and help with the implementation of the practices mentioned above. Keeping our school community safe requires the support of everyone.
Dr. Randy Ford